Wednesday, May 29, 2013

I'll have the Balls. (That's what she said!)

Every time I watch Eat Street, I wonder where they heck all these Food Trucks are? I would love to jump on this delicious wagon craze but don't want to drive an hour to do so.

I have recently learned that there's a pilot project going on in the Kitchener/Waterloo Region (my hood). The City of Waterloo is running a pilot food truck project until Dec. 31, 2013. Licensed food trucks can operate in areas in uptown Waterloo, as well as in other locations throughout the city. 

One of those other locations is Kitchener City Hall.  All summer long there will be food trucks parked out front on Thursdays, from 11:30 am - 2:00 pm, until August.
You can bet I'll be at all of them.

You can check out the full summer schedule here: Kitchener's Downtown Live 2013
(Thanks Hilary for sharing all the deets).


May 21st was Day One.. the rain held out so I lined up at Kitchener City Hall with my appetite.




Schmuck Truck is a Gourmet Food Truck that satisfies your cravings for something different. They prepare great local food daily. You can follow when and where they are going to be on twitter and their website. You can follow Schmuck Truck on twitter here. 

The Pulled Pork Sandwich was the first menu item to catch my eye but was disappointed to learn they had run out! (I heard it was that good, aw well next time!) It was actually a blessing because my second choice was something I normally wouldn't have ordered. And it was super-taste. 

I asked for the balls...(the Risotto Balls you nut!), and grinned from ear to ear when the woman replied with "That's what she said." I have a feeling the get that a lot. Regardless, I had to go for it anyway. 




Delicious and definitely worth trying something new! A great option for only $6.
Inside: mushroom rice, basil and goats cheese. They are a great vegetarian option and are served with fresh and zesty marinara.



NEXT FOOD TRUCK DATE: Tomorrow! Thursday May 30 2013 @ Kitchener City Hall. 


The SWAT Truck, Sandwiches With A Twist will be on site from 11:30 - 2:00 PM. 





Perhaps I'll see you there!

If you'd like to read more info on the Food Truck pilot project currently underway in the Kitchener Waterloo Region, visit http://www.waterloo.ca/en/government/foodtrucklicences.asp 


No comments:

Post a Comment