Monday, June 3, 2013

Veggie Kabobs w EASY steps


In my best 'Mom voice', I ask: Are you getting your 8-10 servings of fruits and veggies each day? 

Well I'm certainly trying! In doing so, I try to keep grilled veggies in the fridge all summer long.
They are a delightful snack with crackers, they top your burgers or steak beautifully, and my favourite.... keep a few aside for some epic sandwich creations!

These are also a perfect option to make all the vegetarians happy at your Summer BBQ! 
(...and they taste a heck of a lot better than most 'veggie burgs')
I'm pretty sure anyone can make these (yes, even you Caro), but here are the 5 easy step to help:

1 - Soak your wooden skewers in cold water.
~20 mins

2 - Wash and cube your veggies. I used cherry tomatoes, onion, mushroom, peppers and zucchini.

3 - Add 2.5 tbp of olive oil and toss together in a bowl. Salt and Pepper as desired.

4 - Design your own skewers, (for my sister, I make some without mushrooms)


5 - Grill on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or a bit longer if you like them more caramelized.

Nothing tastes better than food less travelled so why not refer to the Foodland Ontario availability guide when deciding what to buy. Have a look for yourself and see what's coming soon to a grocery store or fresh market near you!

What vegetable combinations should I try next time? Would love to hear from you!



No comments:

Post a Comment